Bordeaux’s Finest Wine & Food Spa, Les Sources de Caudalie, France
Les Sources de Caudalie is a charming privately-owned luxury hotel just 20 minutes south of Bordeaux. Autumn is a great time to visit and immerse yourself in the delights of the grape harvest. The luxury hotel is set deep in the family’s grand crus vineyard, Smith Haut Lafitte, where Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte’s 2009 vintage was awarded the prestigious rating of 100 out of 100 by internationally acclaimed wine critic Robert Parker.
During the harvest the luxury French hotel offers its guests in-depth tours of the vineyard, scissors in hand, with a master wine-maker. A cellar master uncovers the multiple facets of the wine-making process, and the visit to the Chateau and its cellars is rounded off with a tasting of the Grand Cru Classé de Graves.
As a guest you will get to keep three bottles of Smith Haut Lafitte’s 2012 vintage wine – to keep the vineyard memories alive, and as a reward for your hard work!
To top off this delicious experience and to fully experience l’art de vivre à la Bordelaise, guests are invited on a culinary journey of food and wine pairings by Michelin starred Chef Nicholas Masse in the hotel’s exquisite restaurant, La Grand’Vigne.
The luxury French hotel is also home to the original Caudalie Vinotheraphie Spa, pioneering the concept of harnessing the antioxidant power of grapeseed polyphenols to create vine and grape-based Caudalie products. You can discover the virtues of vines and grapes for the body and soul with the Caudalie Exceptional Ritual, a half day wellness experience with Caudalie spa treatments – to recharge in the heart of the vineyard.
Until 31 October, 2012, a 2-night grape harvesting stay with Les Sources de Caudalie is priced at €1,330 for two and includes:
- A two night stay sharing a Prestige room
- Dinner for two at Michelin starred restaurant La Grand’ Vigne, excluding drinks
- Dinner for two at La Table du Lavoir, excluding drinks
- An afternoon in the vineyards of Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte, for two: find out how to cut vines with a vineyard manager, make your own wine with a cellar master, then visit the castle followed by a wine tasting
- A crate with three bottles Château Smith Haut Lafitte red or white 2012 will be sent to your home once marketed
For further information visit sources-caudalie.com.